Editable Pharmaceutical Documents in MS-Word Format
How to Write a Validation Protocol?
Learn how to create a validation protocol and its different parts for the pharmaceutical.
A protocol is a written statement to conduct the validation process along with the procedure, test method, equipment handling, specifications, acceptance criteria, report and approval.
Validation protocol must be written before carrying out a validation activity. It should be prepared by the qualified person of the concerned department and should be approved before the implementation.
This document shall help to create a new validation protocol for the validation activities in different departments of the pharmaceutical company. Avalidation protocolshould contain (but not limited to) following parts.
1. Protocol approval:Protocol should be reviewed by the head of the concerned department and approved by the head of the quality assurance.
2. Objective:The aim of the validation study should be written with the objective of the validation protocol.
3. Scope:The area of the validation where the protocol will be applicable. Specific department and its area with the protocol is concerned.
4. Reason for validation:The reason behind the validation due to which the validation of process or method is being done. If the product or method is new then the New Product or New Method should be written.
5. Revalidation criteria:The situation in which we shall re-validate the process should be mentioned.
6. Responsibilities:Responsibilities of each department involved in the validation activity should be defined.
7. Reference documents:The documents those are used to complete the validation activity as specifications,standard operating proceduresBMR, BPR, method of analysis, other protocols etc. should be mentioned.
8. Procedure:How validation activity will be carried out during the process, should be written. It should also contain the operating procedures of equipment, sampling procedures, sampling time, sample quantity, analysis method, calculations, etc.
9. Deviations:All the deviations from the written procedure happened during the whole validation activity should be written. Anydeviationhappened should be closed before the completion of validation activity.
10. Conclusions:Validation activity should be concluded. Overall results of the validation indicating if validation passes or fails should be written in conclusion.
11. Report:Reports including the raw data should be attached as annexure. Data should be compiled by thequalified personof the concerned department and should be checked by the reviewer.
Reports should be reviewed by concerned departments and approved by the head of quality assurance. Report approval shows that the validation was completed successfully and according to the validation protocol.
Get ready to use editable documents in MS-Word Format
Ankur Choudharyis Indias first professional pharmaceutical blogger, author and founder of Pharmaceutical Guidelines, a widely-readpharmaceutical blogsince 2008. Sign-up for the freeemail updatesfor your daily dose of pharmaceutical tips.
Comments shall be published after review.
Spams/ Promotional links are not allowed and shall be deleted upon review.
You can ask questions related to this post here.
this is eswar. iam wokrking in pharma company manufacturing .your articales are very useful to me and i learn new things .
your articales are very useful to me and i learn new thing
Many useful topics covered in your articles and thats why i am learning new thhings
please provides instrument pc user access rights in operator ,reviewer & Administrator
Thanks,your articles are very useful
How to decide check point during OQ & PQ??
Editable Pharmaceutical Documents in MS-Word Format. Ready to use SOPs, Protocols, Master Plans, Manuals and more…
Worldwide Regulatory Updates Pharmaceutical News Updates Interview Questions and Answers All Guidelines in One Place
Welcome!It looks like you are using Ad Blocker on your Browser.But without advertising, we can not keep making Pharmaguideline awesome.To continue reading you need to turnoff adblocker and refresh the page.